This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Canon teases a new Cinema camera - EOS R5C?
Canon USA on Twitter has teased out a new Cinema camera coming out on January 19th, 7 AM EST.
The current rumor is that this is the EOS R5c that is expected to be announced this month.
The current rumored specifications from CanonRumors for the EOS R5c include;
- 45mp full-frame sensor (Same as the EOS R5)
- DIGIC X
- Canon Log 3
- Canon Log 2 is still being discussed
- No Internal NDs
- Unlimited 8K30P recording in Cinema RAW Light. XF-AVC and MP4
- Timecode in/out
- The same multipurpose hot shoe as the EOS R3. Which will work with accessories such as the Tascam XLR module.
- Active cooling
- 3/8″ or 1/4″ mounting point on the EVF for a top handle that won’t interfere with the hot shoe.
- Full-size HDMI Port
- The LCD has been moved further back to accommodate the cooling fan. So this likely means that it won’t recess into the body like the Canon EOS R5.
Stay tuned! Next week should be interesting.
blog comments powered by