This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
New Rumor: Canon EOS R3 to have a 30MP sensor
A new rumor from CanonRumors suggests that the EOS R3 will have around a 30MP sensor. This would make it around an ~6k oversample to 4K for the R3, and possibly it would support raw 6.7K.
It would seem strange for Canon not to mention this, but it's certainly possible since the specifications have been rather vague at this stage of the development announcements.
I can certainly see Canon doing a bump up from the 1DX Mark III resolution, and 30MP is a good middle ground from the R5 to an R6 resolution, I'm not too sure this fits in much with the video specifications we're heard so far.
From what we know, the R3 will have;
- AF will be capable down to -7.0 EV
- IS + IBIS capable up to 8.0EV
- Improved head and eye detection
- The camera AF will detect eye, head, body. Enhanced tracking for portrait and sports. As well AF will recognize and track cars and motorcycles (motorsports tracking)
- supports both CFExpress and SD cards
- 4K Log 3
- 4K oversampling
- RAW video internal recording
- Video AF can follow people, eyes, animals, and motorsports.
- Magnesium Alloy body
- 1 series weather sealing
- 5Ghz Wifi
- LP-E19 battery pack
- There will be new accessories for data communication and power.
- File transfer supported via LAN and also wireless (it seems to indicate only iOS for wireless but that could be a translation error)
- Full-Frame Stacked BSI CMOS Sensor
- Eye Control AF, Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Subject Tracking with Deep Learning
- Continuous Shooting Up to 30 fps
- Integrated Vertical Grip
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- AF-ON button with integrated touch joystick.
- Fully articulated LCD screen
blog comments powered by