Canon EOS R firmware due out April 18
Canon Canada posted that the firmware update 1.2 is due out on April 18th for the EOS R. Before this, Canon Asia stated the firmware would be released in the middle of April. So all is going to plan for this update.
This firmware update is the second one for the EOS R and contains the ability to use Eye AF during servo AF and also during movie servo AF. It also adds in a small AF frame size and fixes some other smaller bugs.
The firmware update release notes from Canon Canada;
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Supports Servo AF when shooting still images.
2. Now available when shooting movies regardless of "Movie Servo AF" setting.
Small AF Frame Size
Supports Servo AF when shooting still images.
3. Now available when shooting movies regardless of "Movie Servo AF" setting.
4. Under certain conditions the electronic level displayed in the electronic viewfinder did not display properly.
5. Under certain conditions information displayed in the electronic viewfinder was not properly rotated.
6. Under certain conditions updating the firmware for the wireless file transmitter WFT-E7 was not possible.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.0, this update is unnecessary. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately 6 minutes.
The user guide has been revised to reflect the functional improvements to the product. Please download the latest version of the user guide together with the new firmware. The latest version of the user guide can be downloaded from Canon’s Web site.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.dmg file) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
In the firmware Version 1.2.0 folder you downloaded are the firmware (File name: EOSR0120.FIR / File size: 33,912,208 bytes) and the instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully review these instructions.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.2.0?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
(Previous) Version 1.1.0 improvements:
1. Support for "continuous shooting" is available when "silent shutter" has been enabled. *)
2. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur if there is a large number of files in a specific format on the memory card.
3. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur when silent shutter has been enabled.
4. Corrects a phenomenon in which horizontal linear noise may occur when using specific lenses together with certain recording image quality settings.
5. Corrects a phenomenon in which the information displayed in the viewfinder may become abnormal.
*) When using the continuous shooting option when silent shutter has been enabled with the RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens, it may be necessary to update the lens' firmware version. If the lens' firmware version is Version 1.1.1, please download the latest firmware version (Version 2.0.0) or later from Canon's Web site to update the lens firmware.
Go to the download page (not yet active) here
blog comments powered by