More specification details on the EOS RP
Not only do we know that the EOS RP will have 4K video of 24/25p, now we have a bunch of other information leaked just right now.
The Dual Pixel AF engine seems to be similar as the EOS R with 4779 focus points and the fastest AF of .05 seconds for RF lenses. The sensitivity of the AF is not as good as the EOS R, being only EV -5.
Eye detect AF now works in both single shot AF mode and also AI Servo AF. We hope that the EOS R will also gain this feature.
High-speed continuous shooting is 5 frames per second and with servo AF, the speed drops down to 4 frames per second.
The EVF panel contains 2.36 million dots, similar in specifications to the M50 EVF.
For the first time in a Canon ILC camera, the EOS RP will have focus bracketing. We hope this is part of a big firmware update for the EOS R.
The full specifications as we know it right now are;
- 35 mm full size CMOS sensor with about 26.2 million effective pixels
- The latest video engine "DIGIC 8"
- Optimized "dual pixel CMOS AF" and drive control of RF lens realizes fastest AF of 0.05 seconds at the fastest
- When fitted with lenses, it corresponds to the distance measuring area in the range of about 100% (vertical) × about 88% (horizontal) of the imaging surface
- When AF area is arbitrarily selected, you can select the part you want to focus on from the maximum 4779 positions
- Detect pupil of subject and focus on "pupil AF" also function when servo AF and moving servo AF
- EV-5 achieved at the central focus detection point
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to approximately 5.0 frames / sec and servo AF at a maximum of approximately 4.0 frames / sec
- Usual ISO sensitivity of 100 to 40000 realized
- Vari angle LCD monitor also supports touch operation
- Equipped with organic EL panel EVF of about 2.36 million dots
- "Dual sensing IS" adopted
- "Focus bracket" function which can generate an image that is in focus in a wide range from multiple photographed images
- Movie shooting in 4K (24p / 25p) is possible
- 5-axis electronic image stabilization function installed (when movie is shot). Combination IS can be used when mounting a compatible lens.
- Size: Approximately 132.5 (width) x 85.0 (height) x 70.0 (depth) mm
- Weight: 485 g (based on CIPA guidelines)
- Kit (domestic): "Body" "Mount adapter kit" "RF35 MACRO IS STM lens kit" "RF35 MACRO IS STM mount adapter kit" "Mounting adapter SP kit gold" "RF35 MACRO IS STM mount adapter SP kit gold"
- Corresponds to extension grip "EG-E1" (black · blue · red)
blog comments powered by