This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Canon Rebel SL3 coming soon (leaked images and specifications)
As a Tuesday morning surprise, it seems like Canon will very soon launch a new Canon Rebel SL3 (200D,250D or X10 depending on where you live). We have long thought that the Rebels and 80D are on Canon's priority list to get updated because without a later version of DIGIC, and not having 4K they are looking extremely dated now.
The Rebel SL2 was announced on July 2017, making it less than 2 years old, kind of a surprise to get updated first over the 80D or even the Rebel T7i / 77D cameras. Since Nokishita has released specifications and images, we know that an announcement is imminent, possibly in the next week. The expected release date is April 25th, so an announcement will most certainly be very soon.
The "DSLR" parts of the camera look very much the same as the SL2 - the 9 point AF seems to be still there, and it quite possibly is the same reliable sensor as the other 24MP cameras. This isn't a bad thing, it just clearly highlights Canon's intended purpose of the upgrade.
The specifications (machine translated from Japanese) are;
- APS-C size equivalent CMOS sensor with about 24.1 million effective pixels
- Video engine DIGIC 8
- "Digital lens optimizer" installed in the camera
- Equipped with "Auto Lighting Optimizer" that automatically corrects the brightness and contrast to a natural impression
- "Dual pixel CMOS AF" evolved
- It supports ranging area of approximately 100% (vertically) x approximately 88% (horizontally) of the imaging surface
- When selecting the AF area, you can select from up to 3,975 positions
- When AF area is automatically selected, ranging with up to 143 divisions is possible
- Low brightness limit EV-4 is realized during live view shooting
- During Live View shooting, “Puit AF” is activated to detect the subject's pupil with pinpoint and focus on Servo AF / Movie Servo AF setting as well.
- Equipped with "one spot AF"
- Capable of 4K (24p / 25p) high-definition movie shooting
- It is equipped with "4K frame cutout" which saves any one frame as a JPEG image of about 8.3 million pixels only by camera operation
- At the time of movie photography, camera shake correction of five axes is possible at the time of wearing of correspondence lens by the use of gyro sensor
- Equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Size: 122.4 x 92.6 x 69.8 mm
- Weight: Black / Silver 402g · White 404g (body only), Black / Silver 449g · White 451g (CIPA compliant)
- Kit: Body (Black), Lens Kit (Black, White, Silver), Double Zoom Kit (Black)
- Expected release date: April 25, 2019
- Image is black and white 200D II for Southeast Asia, Silver is Kiss X 10
- The name is Rebel SL3 in the United States, 250D in Europe, and 200D in Asia.
blog comments powered by