This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Zeiss Otus 100mm 1.4 is set to launch for the Canon EF mount
Zeiss is about to finally announce the long waited for Otus 100mm 1.4. Nokishita has leaked some of the specifications of the lens.
Usually, when this type of information is leaked, the announcement is quite soon, so expect it perhaps this week.
This will be the forth Otus lens. Zeiss has a pretty nice article on the history behind the Otus lens family, read about it here
When ZEISS introduced the Otus lens family in 2013, the range became the definition of lens perfection. Never before have there been lenses designed without compromise to offer the highest possible image quality. The Otus lens family does not just deliver the world's best lenses in their respective focal lengths, it also represents a technological milestone for ZEISS as company.
The upcoming 100mm 1.4 is expected to have the following basic specifications;
- Mount: ZE (for Canon EF), ZF.2 (for Nikon F)
- Lens constitution: 11 groups 14 pieces
- Minimum shooting distance: 1.0 m
- Maximum shooting magnification: 1: 8.6
- Filter diameter: 86 mm
- Maximum diameter: 100.7 mm
- Focus ring diameter: 90.0 mm
- Total length (including the lens cap): ZE: 152.3 mm ZF. 2: 150.1 mm
- Total length (excluding the lens cap): ZE: 128.8 mm ZF. 2: 126.5 mm
- Weight: ZE: 1405g ZF. 2: 1336g
blog comments powered by