This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
New Rumor: Canon 1DX Mark III coming in 2020
Quite possibly one of those rumors that proclaim "water is wet.. "
However, according to Canon Rumors; there is confirmation that indeed Canon isn't breaking a 20 year cycle and releasing a new flagship for the Olympics.
According to Canon Rumors the preliminary information is;
- Possible that the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III will shoot 6K video without a crop - which would be quite an achievement for a fully sealed camera.
- Dual CFExpress cards are in the prototype models and will likely make it to the production version.
- There will be a “significant jump in resolution for an EOS-1 series camera”. Since it will shoot 6K without a crop, odds are this would be somewhere around 24MP up from 20MP.
- New DIGIC processor. This would be surprising because the 1 series has never debuted a major DIGIC before. however it may be an 8+, the + versions have appeared on 1 series cameras before.
- IBIS is in prototype cameras.
Strange to see IBIS listed, considering that this would likely be a DSLR with an optical viewfinder, and it's unknown if EF lenses are compatible with IBIS functionality. Then you have on top of that the fact that the EF mount is simply communication impaired when compared against the RF mount.
There's a good chance that the implementation would be an either/or arrangement and not a combination of the two image stabilization technologies.
blog comments powered by