Canon EOS R 1.1.0 firmware is released
Canon has released the firmware finally for the EOS R, firmware version 1.1.0 which contains some fixes but certainly not as much as it should at this point in time.
Canon EOS R Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes.
1. Support for “continuous shooting” is available when “silent shutter” has been enabled.
2. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur if there is a large number of files in a specific format on the memory card.
3. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur when silent shutter has been enabled.
4. Corrects a phenomenon in which horizontal linear noise may occur when using specific lenses together with certain recording image quality settings.
5. Corrects a phenomenon in which the information displayed in the viewfinder may become abnormal.
It's certainly not what Canon considers a major firmware release (as it's called 1.1.0, and was quietly released by Canon), so perhaps there is another firmware release forthcoming.
You can download the firmware update from Canon Europe right now
Update: It seems that Canon USA must have read about it, and realized that they forgot to put it up, as it's now available in Canon USA.
Download from Canon USA here
blog comments powered by