Canon L Lenses: Robots to Hand Polishing
Canon Europe just posted an interesting little article on 10 points about Canon's Utsunomiya lens factory in Japan.
It's an interesting look into a very complex and exacting process to bring great lenses to the buying public.
The points covered in this article are;
- Japanese engineering is everywhere
- Lens experts can hear faults
- Lens polishing tools are made with diamonds
- Aspherical lenses are made by melting glass
- Sci-fi robots roam the factory
- Lens polishing machines self-correct
- Lens measurements are incredibly precise
- The hardest lens to make is…
- The innovation never ends
- Canon lenses could (probably) cover half the world
Please take a look at this article here..
blog comments powered by