This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Canon RF 85mm F2.0 IS STM shipping next week
Just in case you missed this, the Canon RF 85mm F2.0 IS STM - Canon's more economic 85mm is shipping this week on October 22.
The 85mm F2.0 also fixes one of the flaws I always found with the EF variant, the 85mm F1.8 was that I found the minimum focus distance to be too long at times and I couldn't get close enough. The 85mm F2.0 IS STM is a macro (.5x) and allows for a MUCH closer focus distance.
With a price of $599 - it's a steal and bound to be a great seller for Canon.
Pre Order one here
Some of it's core features include;
- Portrait-length prime is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless digital cameras.
- Modest-but-bright f/2 maximum aperture maintains an overall sleek form factor while also benefitting working in available lighting conditions.
- Macro design benefits working with close-up subjects and provides a 1:2 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.15'.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Also, a Hybrid IS setting compensates for angular and shift-type camera movements to specifically benefit close-up shooting.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
blog comments powered by