Japan BCN results are out. Canon? still in there at #2 for mirrorless.. over .. who? Sony.
BCN released it's report today for the last year's results of their sales surveys. In a nutshell for the three centric areas we are interested in here:
Digital Cameras - with lenses
- Canon (27.9%) up from 27.3%
- Nikon (25.5%) up from 22.1%
- Casio (17.2%) down from 19.3%
Digital Cameras - DSLR
- Canon (61.1%) down from 63.3%
- Nikon (34.4%) up from 31.6%
- Ricoh (4.2%) down from 4.8%
Digital Cameras - Mirrorless
- Olympus (27.7%) up from 26.8%
- Canon (21.3%) up from 18.5%
- Sony (20.2%) up from 17.9%
Canon continues it's dominance over the field with respects to DSLR's and contrary to popular belief, grew 2.8% in the tough mirrorless field over some pretty staunch competitors.
BCN records sales receipts from around 50% of all retailers in Japan. it's a highly accurate survey of the industry in Japan.
Edit: we have a real shocker when it comes to lenses (this was hidden in another major category)
- Canon (21.9%) down from 24%
- Sigma (16.2%) up from 14.3%
- Tamron (13.7%) up from at least 12.5% (Nikon placed third last year)
Nikon drops off the list for lenses.
blog comments powered by