Search
× Search

News

Lensrentals 2019 Most Popular Rentals
CanonNews
/ Categories: News, Industry News
This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.

Lensrentals 2019 Most Popular Rentals

It's nearing the end of 2019, and as is the tradition, LensRentals has published its annual statistics on photography and videography rentals.

The top 10 most popular rentals are;

  1. Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II
  2. Canon 5D Mark IV
  3. Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
  4. Sony Alpha a7 III
  5. Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III
  6. DJI Ronin-S 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
  7. Canon 35mm f/1.4L II
  8. Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
  9. Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM
  10. Canon 50mm f/1.2L

A few notables that LensRentals touched on in their article.  The EOS RF full-frame mirrorless cameras are still renting at twice as often as the Nikon Z cameras.  Unlike last year, the split this year between mirrorless and DSLR is pretty even at 49.78% mirrorless versus 50.22% for DSLR, showing gains for mirrorless, partly due to the increased exposure of the RF and Z mount systems.

The most popular new products of 2019 were;

  1. GoPro HERO7 Black
  2. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (MFT)
  3. Sennheiser EW 112P G4 Wireless Omni Lavalier Mic System
  4. Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM
  5. Sony Alpha a6400
  6. Nikon Z6
  7. Atomos Ninja V 5-inch 4K HDMI Recorder
  8. DJI Osmo Pocket Gimbal
  9. Sandisk UHS-1 microSDXC 64GB Extreme Pro U3 A2
  10. Teradek Bolt 500 XT 3G-SDI/HDMI Wireless Kit

The top Canon most popular new product was the Canon RF 28-70mm F2L, ranking in at number 11.

What I found curious was the camera market share numbers between this year and last year.  Last year, Canon had a 41.68% camera body market share almost all EF mount (.65% was the RF mount), while this year they had a 36.3% EF mount and 4.91% RF mount, making it a total of 41.21% market share, a very slight decrease for the company overall.  Essentially the losses in the DSLR segment have been compensated by the new full frame mirrorless lineup.  Both the RF and Z mounts for Canon and Nikon respectively have enjoyed the most gains year on year.

Previous Article Canon Patent Application: Dual IS Patent Application
Next Article Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS Macro STM Review
Print
blog comments powered by Disqus

Theme picker

Keep In Touch

FacebookTwitterLinkedIn

Our Preferred Sponsors

Want to buy me a coffee?

Free Shipping to the USA and Canada*

Use CANONNEWS for $10 off AuroraHDR

Use CANONNEWS for $10 off Luminar

*Conditions may apply
Terms Of UsePrivacy Statement© 2020 by CanonNews. This site is not affiliated with Canon Inc. or it's subsidiaries.
Back To Top