Lensrentals rental market data
Lensrentals, by far one of the more active companies in the US with respects to camera rentals, shared some insightful rental statistics for the current year.
As reported by fstoppers:
- Canon lenses were far and away the most popular, taking up 9 of the top 10 spots, with the Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM coming in at 5th and the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II being the most popular overall, while the Canon 50mm f/1.2L was the most popular prime and 6th most popular overall. The first Nikon entry on the list was the 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II at 11th.
- Sony is now a more popular rental brand than Nikon.
- Sigma continues to gain ground, having become 20 percent more popular than in 2016. Fuji lenses skyrocketed, showing 96 percent more rentals. Sony lenses also increased 22 percent, while Canon and Nikon decreased 8 and 10 percent, respectively.
- Nonetheless, Canon remains the most popular system at 37 percent, with the Sony E mount coming in second at 13 percent.
- 35mm and 50mm prime lenses have seen a resurgence in popularity. For example, the Canon 50mm f/1.2L moved up 3 spots this year and the Canon 35mm f/1.4L II moved up 8 spots. On the other hand, the Canon 85mm f/1.2L II lost 2 spots and the Canon 135mm f/2L lost 6 spots.
- The Canon 5D Mark III and Mark IV were the 1st and 3rd most popular cameras, with the Sony a7S II coming in 2nd and the Nikon D750 in 6th.
- Micro four-thirds rentals, though not highly popular, are up due in part to the DJI Osmo with Zenmuse.
- Drones, though relatively new, have proven highly popular.
blog comments powered by