Looks like Canon is finally joining the 4K train. G7X Mark III leaked. Edit: Maybe.
Photorumors (via CR) has leaked the specifications and images of the upcoming G7X Mark III.
Certainly a fresh new look, however, part of me wonders if this looks a little too much like CGI.
From the images, it appears to have at least the following specifications;
4K video 50P
- 24-100mm f/1.8-2.8 IS 4.2x Lens (35mm equivalent)
- 1″ image sensor
- Microphone Jack
- HDMI output
- Hot shoe
Certainly is a nice looking and so far at least, nicely specced.
Announcement is supposed to occur at the CP+ show in March.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, there's enough things wrong with these images that make me question if this is a mockup of what the G7X Mark III may look like, and not what it really does.
- Powershot is not mentioned anywhere on the camera. Every powershot has powershot written on it somewhere
There's no microphone holes someone found them!
- The top dial doesn't have EC on it, which means that canon is actually removing the EC dial from the G7X Mark III.
- There's no flash switch to pop out the flash (even though looking from the top it appears like it has a flash)
- The buttons don't look "canon-like". The icons don't match canon "standard icons".
- There's no record button.
- There's no click / smooth button for the dial around the lens.
- The video images show 120 minutes and 60 minutes which would classify this as a video camera and not a stills camera for European import taxation. This won't happen.
There's no sensor on the front of the camera for the infrared remote trigger. Every Canon has that.The G7X series only had AF assist lamps. That is missing from the Mark III.
- no PASM dial
- No quick menu button
So unless Canon has decided to go in an entirely different direction with the G7X Mark III and dumb it right down to a G9Xesque camera this doesn't pass the smell test.
That doesn't mean that Canon isn't coming out with a 4K G7X Mark III, just that this really doesn't look like it.
blog comments powered by