This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Major firmware update for the EOS R6
Firmware version 1.1.1 has been released for the EOS R6. It has a variety of small bugs corrected, and also some IBIS issues. Probably more important for the hybrid users, it also contains some temperature fixes that should help you shoot video more often or longer.
This may be huge for some others as well, because there have been reports of continuous shooting and images being blurred, and this patch seems to take care of that.
From Canon USA;
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. A messaging is displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are both enabled.
2. When the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM is attached, an image stabilization effect of approximately six stops* is achieved through collaborative control with the in-lens image stabilization.
*Focal length 500mm, Based on CIPA(Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the IS capabilities may be degraded when performing continuous shooting in cases where the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens is attached to the EOS R6 running firmware version 1.1.0.
4. When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
5. Fixes a phenomenon in which the "Slow Synchro" setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
6. Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
7. Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
8. Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
9. The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.1, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware ( EOSR6111.FIR / file size: 46,836,480 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates)
Firmware Version 1.1.1 is the first update to be released.
You can download the patch for the EOS R6 here from Canon USA
blog comments powered by