This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Minor firmware update for the EOS R5
The EOS R5 has received a minor update to version 1.1.1 - however, this may be important to some that are experiencing issues with blurred photos and continuous shooting.
Below is the patch notes from Canon USA and you can download the patch here.
Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fix and enhancement:
1. When the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens is attached, an image stabilization effect of approximately six stops* is achieved through collaborative control with the in-lens image stabilization.
*Focal length 500mm, Based on CIPA(Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the IS capabilities may be degraded when performing continuous shooting in cases where the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens is attached to the EOS R5 running firmware version 1.1.0.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware up to Version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.1, this update is unnecessary.When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware ( EOSR5111.FIR / file size: 46,130,112 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates.)
Q: Are the improvements from previous firmware versions included in Firmware Version 1.1.1?
A: Yes, the following improvements from the previous version are included:
(Previous) Version 1.1.0 improvements:
1. Useful messaging is now displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are enabled.
2. When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the "Slow Synchro" setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
4. Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
5. Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
7. Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
8. The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
blog comments powered by