This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
The best camera of 2018: Sony A7RIII versus the 1DX Mark II
Sawyer Hartman a travel photographer, blogger, videographer, gave a rundown on his comparison between the 1DX Mark II and the A7R III for his purposes.
It's an interesting comparison against two cameras you normally wouldn't see compared.
When it comes down to it;
- the 1DX is more consistently reliable
- the DPAF autofocus in video is far superior to the A7RIII using adapted lenses
- the color is better in video with the 1DX Mark II and has 4K60p
- The A7RIII and shooting with an EVF was far nicer as was the focus peaking and zebras on the A7RIII.
Interestingly, the MJPG codec didn't seem to bother him.
The final choice? The 1DX wins out.
The 1DX Mark II at a glance;
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors
- 3.2" 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 60 fps, 8.8MP Still Grab
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF II
- Native ISO 51200, Expanded to ISO 409600
- 14 fps Shooting, 16 fps in Live View
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF
- Built-In GPS, CFast & CF Card Slots
He also does another video comparing the various vlogging cameras and again the 1DX Mark II wins the race for him
Oh and it would be really cool if you are interested in buying a 1DX Mark II to use one of my links below;
blog comments powered by