This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Canon EOS-M M50 Mark II / M60 Rumor
A new rumor has surfaced about two possible configurations for EOS-M cameras coming 2020. The source states that it appears as if these are two different rumors for a possible M50 update. Either the M60 or M50 Mark II.
The first camera;
- 32.5 million pixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8
- UHD 4K 30p / 24p
- Full HD 120p
- Rear monitor 3 inches 1.04 million dots Vari-angle touch panel
- Announcement date September 2020
and the second camera;
- 24 million pixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- 3rd generation Dual pixel CMOS AF technology / Eye AF compatible
- Rear monitor 3 inch vari-angle touch panel
- Announcement date Before July 2020
- Price $ 849 with kit lens
What I'm wondering is, instead of these being both the M50 updates, are these possibly the M50 and M5 updates, especially with the rumored two different scheduled dates for release.
It seems more likely that the M5 Mark II would have the new 32.5MP sensor, while the M50, would receive a modest upgrade, because the way it's selling, does it really need a huge upgrade at this time? The M60 needs eyeAF and 4K improvements over the M50.
The source in the past has had very little credibility, so at this time, consider this rumor to be suspect, however it is the first hints we've seen on an M50 update. I suspect we'll see an EOS-M camera before July though, possibly at CP+.
Time will tell.
blog comments powered by