This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Canon Japan creates an EOS-R3 Microsite
Canon Japan has created a microsite on the EOS-R3 with additional details about the camera. Machine translated the main points from the site are;
- AF will be capable down to -7.0 EV
- IS + IBIS capable up to 8.0EV
- Improved head and eye detection
- The camera AF will detect eye, head, body. Enhanced tracking for portrait and sports. As well AF will recognize and track cars and motorcycles (motorsports tracking)
- supports both CFExpress and SD cards
- 4K Log 3
- 4K oversampling
- RAW video internal recording
- Video AF can follow people, eyes, animals, and motorsports.
- Magnesium Alloy body
- 1 series weather sealing
- 5Ghz Wifi
- LP-E19 battery pack
- There will be new accessories for data communication and power.
- File transfer supported via LAN and also wireless (it seems to indicate only iOS for wireless but that could be a translation error)
We knew from before that the EOS-R3 will have;
- Full-Frame Stacked BSI CMOS Sensor
- Eye Control AF, Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Subject Tracking with Deep Learning
- Continuous Shooting Up to 30 fps
- Integrated Vertical Grip
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- AF-ON button with integrated touch joystick.
- Fully articulated LCD screen
The one thing to note is that this is oversampled 4K - which probably means the sensor is around 24MP, and will not compete head to head against the Sony A1.
You can view the microsite here
blog comments powered by