This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Canon RF 24-70 F2.8L IS USM Review
The Canon RF 24-70 F2.8L IS USM is one of the professional F2.8 L grade trinity of lenses. Canon very quickly released the trinity for the RF mount in little over 1 year after the RF mount was introduced.
The core features of the Canon RF 24-70 F2.8L IS USM include;
- Standard wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and suits working in low-light conditions as well as affords increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Three UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to provide greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to correct spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- An Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by five stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- Nano USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing that is also smooth and nearly silent to suit both photography and video applications. This focusing system also affords full-time manual focus control when working in the one-shot AF mode.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- Protective fluorine coating has been applied to the front and rear element to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning these elements significantly easier.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Christopher Frost recently reviewed the Canon RF 24-70 F2.8L IS USM and states it's an absolutely awesome lens in just about every regard.
Watch the review above.
blog comments powered by