This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Details emerge about the Canon EOS R5s
First I have to say this....
Okay now on to the lovely details. According to CanonRumors the high Megapixel version of the R5 will be coming out in first quarter 2021. Everything that is in this rumor makes a lot of sense. It's pretty much exactly what this camera needs to have and be.
- Approxamently 90mp sensor
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
- Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021 (All announcements are still a moving target for obvious reasons.)
If you pixel shift a 90Mp sensor, you should in theory get around 360MP resolution out of the camera. Usually, the camera shifts for each pixel which is an RGGB bayer pattern and then combines those images. Of course, doing so can cause ghosting and motion blur, so it's not a perfect science.
It also makes a lot of sense for Canon to do this camera, and the really scary thing is that that camera may even hit 10fps. Can you imagine that?
blog comments powered by