This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
New rumor: Specifications for the EOS R entry level camera
A new rumor surfaced today about the possible specifications for the upcoming EOS R entry level camera, what we're calling the EOS RP for now. This is all rumor at this time, with little confirmation.
Canon will announce this camera up with up to 8 RF lenses for $1300. We, with Canon Rumors are hoping Canon is this aggressive with the pricing and the lens release schedule.
The rumor is suggesting the following specifications for the entry level EOS RP;
- Camera weight is 400g, the lightest full-frame mirrorless camera ever
- A side-articulated monitor and a comfortable grip
- A new 24MP CMOS sensor. Expect the performance similar to EOS R
- No Touch Bar and top monitor but an extra dial
- Standard ISO 100-40000
- Eye AF now supports Servo AF and Video AF
- Dual Pixel AF speed is 0.05 sec.
- USB-C and headphone jack are available. Battery charging while shooting is
- Canon Log, HDMI clean output, and 1.56x 4K crop
- Price is about $1300USD for body
The specifications look pretty realistic especially Canon bundles it with a lower resolution EVF. The rumor also suggests that the "grip" mentioned by Nokishita, the EG-BG1 is a small 1cm grip that you can add for better grip and handling.
blog comments powered by