This post may contain affiliate links(s). An affiliate link means I may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase through my link, without any additional cost to you
. It helps to keep this site afloat. Thank you in advance for your support. If you like what we do here, maybe buy me a coffee.
Firmware 1.1.0 released for the EOS R5
Canon has released firmware 1.1.0 for the EOS R5. The changes aren't as significant as what some may be looking for, but perhaps they are a step in the right direction. Most likely this is all stuff Canon "knew" about prior to release, but didn't get around to making it into the shipped firmware.
You can download the firmware now from Canon UK
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. Useful messaging is now displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are enabled.
2. When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the "Slow Synchro" setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
4. Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
5. Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
6. Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
7. Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
8. The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
*The firmware scheduled for release in early September will incorporate the following improvements for the RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM.
-Supports 6-stop image stabilization. (CIPA-compliant)
-Improves IS capabilities when performing continuous shooting under specific conditions.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware Version 1.0.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.0, this update is unnecessary. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.
In the folder you downloaded are the firmware (EOSR5110.FIR / file size: 46,129,952 bytes) and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to check the procedure in accordance with the instruction.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates)
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is the first update to be released.
blog comments powered by